Military Miniature Gaming at the Source

Big layouts. Legions of hand-painted figures. Stacks of paperback rule sets. Tape measures. If you're into historical military miniatures gaming, this is the place to be!
Da Modfather

Military Miniature Gaming at the Source

Post#1 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:20 am

Group 1; M4 = Monday Military Miniature Madness!
Games are played every Monday night starting right at 1800 (6 pm). We are done by 2030 (830pm).
All figures are painted and there is enough for everyone to play. Setup is 1700 or so. Show up early and kibitz about uniforms and history!
Rule 1. The Games are not "fair". We do not use points and the scenarios are quick and deadly.
Rule 2. If you have figures for the period being played you get to play with those figures.
Rule 3. NO arguing rules or scenarios until after the battle. ( I break this all the time..bad Bob).
Rule 4. If you are running a game or scenario all players must be on the table with something by turn 2.
Rule 5. When in doubt ..CHARGE! Laugh, be nice and have fun fun fun.
Concepts that define M4.
1. Everyone can run a game and almost everyone does!
2. Berserkastan = This is our make believe country that now has a history all it's own, in all periods!
3. Spearhead and Wilderness Wars are our rules of choice and can fit any period. :roll:
4. We have been around for over 10 years.

Group 2; Centurions = Group of Grumblers that have been playing since the 70's
Favored games are 15mm, Konegkrieg, Napoleons Battles, FOG- Ancients, 30 years War(10mm), Samuria (10mm) and Regimental Fire and Fury. All Figures painted and terrain supplied in every game.
The Centurions meet the first and 3rd Saturday of every month. Beginners welcome and encouraged! Just friendly, ole school good gamers. Figures are provided. Meet the Emperor and see his genius at work!
Rules above apply here.
Concepts that define the Centurions
I hope that the Centurions will add to this. Good gaming, good friends, great armies, and a good story telling.
Growth of Historical Miniature Gaming
Growth of the Hobby, of history, painting the uniforms, remaking the battles.

Let us relive our great victories, uniform finds and memorable moments

MikeS
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Military Miniature Gaming at the Source

Post#2 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:45 am

Da Modfather -

Could you post a schedule of upcoming scenarios for Monday Military Miniatures Madness? I am curious to know what I'll play next week.

MikeS

Da Modfather

Post#3 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:20 pm

Hey there welcome! Go to News on the main web page the select Battle Map form the scroll down. As you scan down the page of photos you will come to a M4 schedule. Tonight Feb 16, we are doing an AWI using Wilderness Wars rules.

Come on down!

take care
Bob

Brigadista
Peasant
Peasant

Post#4 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:01 pm

Tonight it's "Corwallis's Counterattack At Monmouth"! It'll be a real knock-down drag out fight with British Guards, Grenadiers and Lights storming headlong into Washington's line. Those of you who played in last year's Brandywine game may have misgivings upon hearing this description, but I'd like to point out that by the summer of 1778, this fellow von Steuben had spent quite a bit of time with the Continentals, and they are another thing, entirely!

donglewwe
Peasant
Peasant

Post#5 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:57 am

re: M4 tomorrow

aack. I got called into work up in Lindstrom tomorrow. While hustling down to the store to set up/run my game isn't beyond feasibility, it is made less attractive, so...

Unless someone reads this (small odds) and expresses a sincere and deep desire to play my game (even smaller odds) I'm leaning towards pulling a no-show. If this truly causes harm/distress I will certainly make it, but if it's a matter of six of one and a half-dozen of the other I'd just as soon avoid the hassle.

Don

thefitzer
Peasant
Peasant

Post#6 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:23 pm

Here are the next two games for the Centurions:

Saturday - Oct 17th
25mm FIW - BAR
Big battles game. Jeff Johnson will be running this game.
11am Source Comics and Games

Saturday - Nov 7th
15mm ACW - Regimental Fire & Fury
I will be setting this game up.
11am Source Comics and Games

Return to “Military Miniatures Games”